Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Couple Puppies?!

Well hello again everyone! I was deciding on if I should write my blog today or just wait until tomorrow, but this is just too good to wait. So I have a job on my college campus working in a creamery (kinda like a grocery store). I am forced to wake up before anyone else in my apartment complex. Just wait.. Just wait.. 6 AM!!!! Now I know alot of you are saying, "oh, suck it up you wimp," but for a guy who stays up late doing absolutely random things this is absolutely insane. Anyway, I start work at 6:45 and open up the store. You must understand that at this time in the morning, I am not the most cheery person. So the unlucky individuals who choose to enter the store shortly after 7 AM (Heaven knows why?!?!) sadly, are not receiving the "best" customer service. One of these individuals was an older man seemingly on top of the world. After placing his orange juice on the counter he uttered the words that sparked this blog, "oh, and throw in a couple of those puppies". I immediately became very confused and simply asked the man to, "please clarify". After making a head-nod motion towards the donut case on the counter I knew he was looking to satisfy his sweet tooth. (If he had any... ba da crash! haha) Just kidding!! There were two types of donuts in the case, maple and glazed twists. The man was being absolutely stubborn. How hard it is to say, "maple"? Now I know saying, "glazed twist," is a little more of a challenge, but I mean come on!! So after grasping a piece of wax paper I opened the donut case and decided to make a decision. I knew I had a 50/50 percent chance of picking the right donut so I went with my first instinct, maple. The old man about lost his mind. "No! Not maple that's disgusting..." Ladies and gentlemen, he had the nerve to say that. I mean maple is delicious!! A quality pastry topping! haha I'm kidding. I mean he had the nerve to say that after not specifying his desires in the first place. So I placed, "a couple of puppies" in a bag for him and handed it to him. I gave him a half smile and sadly, forgot my usual, "have a nice day," remark. But as he was leaving I said, "Sir?? You enjoy eating those puppies!" He tilted his head as though he didn't quite comprehend what I had just said. Right then and there I knew that I had won. His ineffectiveness of communication turned out to be his ultimate downfall. The only thing that haunts me now is that those "puppies" are gone forever. I wonder what others will call things in the store?? I bet I could confuse quite a number of people by referring to things in the store as animals or even people's names... ex "Cheese?? Oh! Yeah you mean kittens.. They are in the fridge." Well, that's all for now.. Always remember, in order to laugh at ourselves, we must first laugh at others! haha :)

2 comments:

  1. So, you weren't told that reading people's minds was part of the job description?

    And I thought it was just me that had trouble making you smile at 6:45 am...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i laughed my head off, thanks for sharing...and save one of those puppies for me, i might surprise you in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete