Thursday, October 1, 2009

Late For The Bus?

It's that time again! It's time for me to poke fun at YOU, the general public. Well okay, maybe not you exactly, but definitely the significant percentage of you who decide to entertain me with your actions and words. Today was a very interesting day. Once again lots of interesting observations, but there definitely was one that decided to take me to my limits and back. Today is Thursday and this means that its a work day for me. I will spare you on the complaining that we all know I could do and skip straight to the incident. It was a cold and dreary morning... haha listen to me! I sound like a story book.. sad day! :) But for real, it was cold and quite dreary. You must first understand that like any university a majority of the students travel by bus. Working at the creamery gives me the perk of watching all of these students as they walk to the bus stop. This morning I observed a group of individuals traveling to the bus stop together. All of them suddenly started sprinting. I immediately looked behind them to see the savage Indians chasing them off the cliff like buffalo. Haha, not really... in reality, the bus had arrived. What made this mad dash for transportation hilarious was the man at the back of the group. He didn't run like the others. (at first) He stopped and watched as the others ran away from him. Then he decided to run as well. About three strides later the man came to a halt again. This made me chuckle. He looked rather flustered, then began to run again! And like clockwork he stopped three strides later. I began to laugh heavily. The man was as indecisive as a child at the candy counter in the supermarket... and I know because I was that child. Every time the man would start and stop, my laughter became more and more intense. He repeated this motion until he was out of my sight. I was crying pretty profusely by this time and was glad he was out of my sight so I could recover and breathe again! I returned to my work and as I was entering some numbers in the computer a figure appeared across the street. I completely LOST IT!!! It was the same guy!! He had missed the bus, and was the only one to miss it. He was out of breath and looked pissed! I think he saw me laughing because he turned his head sharply in my direction. I just about had an accident I was laughing so hard. I felt SOME pity for him because now he had to walk or wait, but most of all I felt embarrassed for him. I knew that there was no way I was the only one to witness this fantastic event. In all my laughter I had forgot that there was the OCCASIONAL customer who came in to, "make my day". This one was at the counter for who knows how long, and obviously didn't see the event in it's entirety because if she had she would've been laughing right along with me. Folks, missing the bus or a flight or anything else for that matter has happened to all of us, and if not, you are a liar! It's something that happens and is just plain funny! (When its not you.. lol) So don't feel bad about laughing at it! People are just funny! Well I hope you enjoyed this post! Keep checking in for more updates and remember, when you do something dumb, it could end up in a blog... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment