Friday, October 2, 2009

The Victim of Simply Observing

Well good day everyone! This is a little out of the ordinary because normally I write my blog in the evening. But ladies and gentlemen, this is just too good to leave until tonight. I regret to inform you that I, Garrett, became the victim of, "Simply Observing". In this post you will find a picture of a man and who I assume is his wife. I say assume because he was paying absolutely no attention to her and absolutely all attention to me and my brother. My mother was having a leg operation and we had arrived to pick her up. Choosing a seat was moderately easy, but after taking my place in the chair I was immediately uncomfortable. As I looked across the room I met eyes with a stern old man. (cue picture...)Normally when people lock eyes they immediately look away because of the awkwardness of the moment. That is unless it is the love of your life... However, folks, this man was NOT the love of my life. I started laughing and this only interested the man more! My brother was also a victim. At one point the man's beady eyes were blazing down at him so I did the respectful thing and texted him. Haha!! We both began laughing hysterically!! The man would not look away! I looked at my brother and told him I was going to compete in the staring contest. Normally I am a fierce competitor in this game, but this man was a pro. I lasted about four seconds before I had to look away and laugh uncontrollably. Ironically, I was dying in a medical center. The chair was basically moving all over the place because I was fighting falling out of the chair! I knew that this was going to be one of the best moments in my day for a blog so I turned to my brother and through my tear filled eyes said, "blog moment". I took advantage of the opportunity and pulled out my phone. I did what I know for a fact the majority of cell phone users do. I held up my phone between our line of vision and, "pretended to text". Really I was taking a picture, and even taking a video! (the video didn't turn out well) I captured the moment and now I am able to share it with you! Just a word of advice to all you observers out there... DO NOT stare for extended periods of time! Especially when the person makes DIRECT eye contact! Its just not a good idea! But kudos to whoever that man is. He out observed the simple observer. This man was not the only hilarious thing in the waiting room though. This was an amazing 20 minute visit! I laughed so hard and simply enjoyed all the patients had to offer. Anyway, thats all I have for now! Have a great day and good luck observing!


By the way, whats the deal with the woman's shirt in the picture!?! I wish she would've played a more active role in my visit! I am sure she would've been a riot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment